Message Translation Tables aid in the interworking of differing protocols (like ISDN to SIP) by allowing control over how protocol messages are translated when calls are routed. They are useful for interworking with non-standard equipment and for specialized call routing. To use a table created here, select it from the Message Translation Table field in a Call Routing Table entry.
For more information, see Message Translation Usage Overview.
Working with Message Translation Tables
- In the WebUI, click the Settings tab.
In the left navigation pane, go to Telephony Mapping Tables > Message Translations.
To view a Message Translation Table's properties:
- Click the popup() icon next to the entry you want to view.
- When you are finished, close the window.
To modify a Message Translation Table:
- Click the expand () Icon next to the entry you wish to modify.
- Modify the table's Description as desired
- Click OK.
To Create a Message Translation Table:
Click the Create ( ) icon.
- Enter a descriptive name in the Description text field.
- Click OK.
Helpful Tip: To delete an entry, simply select the checkbox next to the entry you wish delete, then click the Delete () icon located at the top of the window.