SIP and ISDN use different response messages to communicate why a call failed or could not be connected (Q.850 for ISDN and SIP Responses for SIP). By default, the Sonus SBC 1000/2000 system uses RFC 3398 to map these to each other. Override Tables allow you to override one or more of these mappings to a different message, which is useful for interoperating with nonstandard equipment. To use a table created here, select it from the SIP to Q.850 Override Tables field in a SIP Signaling Groups entry.
Working with SIP to Q.850 Override Tables
- In the WebUI, click the Settings tab.
- In the left navigation pane, go to Telephony Mapping Tables > SIP to Q.850 Override Tables.
To view a table's properties:
- Click the popup() icon next to the entry you want to view.
- When you are finished, close the window.
To modify a SIP to Q.850 Override Table:
- Click the expand () Icon next to the entry you wish to modify.
- Modify the table's Description as desired
- Click OK.
To create a SIP to Q.850 Override Table:
- Click the Create ( ) icon.
- Enter a descriptive name in the Description text field.
- Click OK.
Helpful Tip: To delete an entry, simply select the checkbox next to the entry you wish delete, then click the Delete () icon located at the top of the window.