The Application Solution Module (ASM) module is a separate, fully-functional server installed inside the Sonus SBC 1000/2000 chassis. Features of this ASM are managed from the Sonus SBC 1000/2000 Web Interface via the Sonus SBC 1000/2000 Communication Service.
An operating ASM has two software partitions:
- The Live partition, from which the system actively runs. Unlike the Sonus SBC 1000/2000 application partitions, this partition is always active on a running ASM.
- The Recovery partition, which contains a spare software image. Users have the ability to re-initialize the ASM from this partition; an operation which replaces the live partition with the recovery image. This partition can also be updated directly as needed; refer to Updating the ASM Recovery Partition.
Software application support on the Application Solution Module (ASM) is limited as follows:
- Microsoft Lync Survivable Branch Appliance (SBA)
- Microsoft Lync Resilient Branch Appliance (RBA) communicating with the Lync Front End
- Quality of Experience (QoE) Agent Server Gateway
Software must be provided by Sonus and configured via the Sonus provided provisioning and management interface.
ASM Support Mode
The ASM operates in either of two models, appliance or server. In the appliance mode, the SBA utilizes Sonus' solution to guarantee security. In the Server mode, the SBA relies on customer installed software to provide security/firewall protection.
By default, all ASMs are shipped in appliance mode. There are 3 actions that can turn an ASM into server mode:
- Installing a 3rd party software that is not approved by Sonus.
- Changing the Windows Server Role and Feature installed.
- Running Windows Update without using the Sonus Solution.
The only way to return into appliance mode is to re-initialize the ASM.
Sonus service support is not provided in the case where any non-Sonus supplied software is installed on the module.
A Support Mode of Server in the Windows Status panel indicates that a non-Sonus entity has installed unsupported software in the ASM. In such a case, Sonus supports only the ASM hardware and not customer supported software.
Support Mode Definitions
- Starting the SBA Services
- Generate and Import an SBA Certificate
- Deploying the SBA
- Joining the ASM to a Domain
- Powering the ASM ON and OFF
- Updating the ASM Recovery Partition
- Viewing the Installed Packages on the ASM
- Installing an ASM Package
- Configuring the ASM IP Settings
- Enabling and Disabling Remote Desktop on the ASM
- Changing the ASM Admin Password
- Rebooting and Resetting the ASM
- Re-initializing the ASM
- Viewing and Exporting Windows Event Logs on the ASM
- Managing the Windows Firewall on the ASM